Jeremy Mogford bought the lease from the Gee family and the freehold of the building from Oxford University. Planning permission was granted to change the use from fruiterer and greengrocer to restaurant and bar with the addition of a kitchen, storage and an extended basement. Coincidently, a former business partner acquired a distinctive stone cottage in Northmoor Road and discovered that it was originally part of the Gee’s nursery.SEE FULL HISTORY OF GEE'S RESTAURANT
In 1989 the Old Parsonage was acquired by Jeremy Mogford, the successful restaurateur whose family has been well-known hoteliers for three generations. The Old Parsonage has stood on the present site since 1660 when Edward Selwood the prosperous chef of nearby St John’s College, completed the original and principal part of the house, which he had begun twenty years earlier.SEE FULL HISTORY OF OLD PARSONAGE & PARSONAGE GRILL
Jeremy opens the Old Bank Hotel & Quod restaurant & bar. Originally three beautiful buildings, all with tremendous character, have undergone a certain amount of change over the years. No. 92 was built with four full floors, although the ground floor was remodelled early last century. The central house, No. 93, was rebuilt in 1798 and a garden created behind. The two central floors are original but it is possible the top floor was added in the 1830s. The medieval façade of No. 94 had already been treated to a helping of Victorian pastiche at the turn of the century. At this time Barclays gave Nos. 92 and 93 the unified façade that one sees now.SEE FULL HISTORY OF OLD BANK HOTEL & QUOD
Exciting new projects are underway… Jeremy is converting a four-story building in the centre of the city into luxury long-stay apartments, 36 St Giles… plus a spa is in the making in one of the Old Bank’s historic barns…
Gees Restaurant has also recently undergone a full top-to-bottom makeover, and reopened in May 2022 with two brand-new spaces ‘Gees Secret Garden’ and ‘Gees Gallery’.