Chef de Partie, Gees
Gees, situated in Oxford City Centre, is an independent, lively restaurant, bar, and terrace within a unique Victorian conservatory. Serving a Mediterranean inspired menu using the best ingredients, simply prepared and expertly cooked, Gees remains loyal to its traditions of providing quality food and service in the most beautiful restaurant in Oxford.
With an ambitious expansion and refurbishment project set for completion in Spring 2022, Gees will more than double in capacity with the addition of ‘Gees Gallery’, an adjacent private dining space for up to 50 guests, and ‘Secret Garden’; a covered and heated private terrace for up to 60 diners.
Upon its reopening in May 2022, Gees will accommodate 200 guests in total across all its dining spaces.
The Oxford Collection is an independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join the kitchen team run by Matthew Smith, Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about food
- Able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running a section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as it arrives and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
Requirements for the Chef de Partie position:
- Work under intense pressure
- Passionate about cooking seasonal ingredients
- Experience in similar restaurant is beneficial although full training will be provided
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hours working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a starting salary of £24,523 per annum, plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.