Commis Chef, Parsonage Grill
Parsonage Grill, belonging to the five-star Old Parsonage Hotel, is famous for its intimate, bohemian and clubby atmosphere. The philosophy focuses on using the best local produce available to create a menu of simple, sophisticated, and essentially British dishes.
Parsonage Grill is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of hotels and restaurants comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Commis Chef to join the kitchen team run by Allan McLaughlin, Head Chef. The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about food, cooking and seasonal ingredients
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
- Have a willingness to learn
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in working on a section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
Requirements for the Commis Chef position:
- Experience in a similar restaurant is beneficial although full training will be provided
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hours working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a salary of £22,464 per annum. In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.