Demi-Chef de Partie, Gees
Gees, Situated in Oxford City Centre, is an independent, lively restaurant, bar, and terrace within a unique Victorian conservatory. Serving a Mediterranean inspired menu using the best ingredients, simply prepared and expertly cooked, Gee’s remains loyal to its traditions of providing quality food and service in the most beautiful restaurant in Oxford.
The Oxford Collection® is an independently owned group of Hotels and Restaurants in Central Oxford, comprising of Gee’s Restaurant, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, The Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant and Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our employees is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of the team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Demi-Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team managed by Russell Heeley, Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will:
– Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
– Be passionate and knowledgeable about food, cooking, and seasonal ingredients
– Be able to work under pressure
– Have effective time management skills
– Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
– Have high-level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude, with a keen willingness to learn
Typical duties of this role are:
– Confidence in running a section during service
– Following recipe and presentation specifications
– Ensure all dishes are prepared and served to standard within expected timings, observing portion and quality control requirements
– Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
– Attend and participate in all team meetings
– To actively support the Sous Chef and Head Chef with the induction and training of new Kitchen Team members, including Commis chefs and Kitchen porters.
Experience in similar restaurant is beneficial although full training will be provided.
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hours working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a salary of £9.00 per hour. In return we offer:
– Meals on duty
– 50% staff discount within our restaurants
– £300 recruitment incentive
– Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
– Pension scheme
– Over time, opportunities to develop within our Company
– Uniform provided
– 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
If you feel that you may be suitable for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.