Waiting Staff, Gees
Situated in Oxford City Centre, Gees is an independent, lively restaurant, bar, and terrace within a unique Victorian conservatory. Serving a Mediterranean inspired menu using the best ingredients, simply prepared and expertly cooked, Gees remains loyal to its traditions of providing quality food and service in the most beautiful restaurant in Oxford.
With an ambitious expansion and refurbishment project completed in Spring 2022, Gees doubled in capacity with the addition of ‘Gees Gallery’, an adjacent private dining space for up to 50 guests, and ‘Secret Garden’; a covered and heated private terrace for up to 60 diners.
The Oxford Collection is an independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, Old Bank Hotel, and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our employees is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of the team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Key requirements for the role:
– Passion for hospitality, excited by food, wine and restaurant culture, with high-level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
– Will thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
– Is able to work under pressure
– A keen willingness to learn
– Experience within a similar busy restaurant or bar
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 40-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a salary of £9.50 per hour plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.