General Housekeeping Assistant, Old Bank
We are looking for General Housekeeping Assistant to join our team at the luxurious five star plus Old Bank Hotel, which is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small independently owned group of luxury hotels and restaurants comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of the management team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Our Housekeeping team are key in providing the highest level of cleanliness for our hotel guests. You will be keen and hard working with interest in hospitality.
General Housekeeping Assistant Responsibilities:
- To assist in receiving/unpacking/storing any housekeeping deliveries
- Ensure all back of house and building external areas are clean and tidy
- Setting up extra beds, baby cot when required and making beds
- Maintaining a polite and professional manner at all times
- Assist the Housekeeping with any other tasks required by Head and Deputy Housekeeper
General Housekeeping Assistant Requirements:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be able to work under pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Have high-level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude, with a keen willingness to learn
- Experience in a similar hotel (Beneficial although full training will be provided)
We offer a 32.5-hours working week, 09.00am-3.30pm (Mon-Sat) 09.30am-16.00pm (on Sundays) rota-based system, with 2 days off, with a salary £10.50 per hour, In return we offer:
General Housekeeping Assistant Benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% staff discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Opportunities over time to progress within the Company
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.