Head Bartender, Quod
Quod is an independent, bustling, city centre restaurant, bar & terrace with over 250 seats. Located on Oxford’s famous High Street. Quod is open all day, every day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner. The menu consists of European classics with an emphasis on British produce. The busy restaurant, with a high level of repeat business is open every day of the year.
Quod is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small independently owned group of hotels and restaurants comprising of, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant and Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of the management team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Key requirements for the role
- Passion for hospitality, excited by food, wine, cocktails, and restaurant culture, with high level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
- The ability to inspire and motivate people, experience of dining in similar restaurants, a keen willingness to learn, high level written English, strong IT literacy.
- Good barista skills
- Sound wine, spirit, and cocktail knowledge
- Excellent cocktail making skills with a flair for creating new cocktails
- Experience within a similar busy restaurant or bar would be very beneficial, as is previous management experience; although not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will work alongside restaurant duty managers and report to the Senior Restaurant Manager.
We offer a flexible shift pattern, working 5 days out of 7 per week, on a Monday-Sunday rota. You will be offered a salary of £26,000 per annum, plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
Head Bartender Benefits
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Complimentary ‘Managers meal’ within one of our restaurants every six months
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.