Hotel Receptionist, Old Parsonage Hotel
We are looking for a Hotel Receptionist to join our team at the luxurious five-star plus Old Parsonage Hotel, which is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford comprising Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome our guests in a friendly and accommodating manner, by telephone or in person.
- Be equipped with the knowledge to provide information to our guests, about all hotel facilities and services, our sister hotel and restaurants, and relevant local information.
- Provide an expert check-in / out experience to hotel guests, ensuring the correct rates are charged, all services are correctly billed, and the guests’ payments are properly processed.
- Provide informative show-rounds of the hotel, restaurant and private dining.
- Assist guests with luggage (there are no lift facilities in the building, therefore a high level of manual handling and use of the stairs are required with this role).
Requirements for the role:
- Thrive on welcoming our guests
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Be fluent in verbal and written English and have strong IT literacy
- A keen willingness to learn
- Experience in a similar 5-star, luxury hotel environment would be beneficial
We offer a flexible shift pattern with an excellent rate of pay for a full-time position, working 5 days out of 7 per week. You will be offered a salary of £21,840 per annum plus non-contractual service charge (tronc), working 40 hours per week (Monday-Sunday rota).
Benefits of the role include:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Uniform provided
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities to develop within our Company
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.