Housekeeping Supervisor, Old Bank Hotel
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team at the beautiful five-star plus Old Bank Hotel, which is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small independently owned group of luxury hotels and restaurants in central Oxford comprising Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel, and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Our Housekeeping team is key in providing the highest level of cleanliness for our hotel guests. You will be keen and hardworking with an interest in hospitality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about hospitality
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have high-level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude, with a keen willingness to learn
- Experience in a similar, luxury hotel is beneficial, although full training will be provided
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities:
- Maintaining the required standards of housekeeping in the hotel.
- Communicate effectively with Head Housekeeper and Deputy Head Housekeeper, ensuring the smooth and fast turnaround of rooms for re-sale in order to maximise revenue.
- Ensure all rooms are thoroughly checked before selling.
- Undertake any reasonable duties instructed by Head Housekeeper or Deputy Head Housekeeper.
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 40-hour working week (Monday-Sunday rota with 2 days off) with a salary of £11.50 per hour plus non-contractual service charge (tronc).
Housekeeping Supervisor benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Opportunities to develop within our Company
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.