Housekeeping Supervisor, Old Bank
The independently owned Old Bank, centrally located on Oxford’s famous High, is a 5-star hotel with 43 luxury bedrooms, many with unrivalled views of the city’s most famous landmarks and skyline. The Old Bank is part of The Oxford Collection; an independently owned group of Hotels and Restaurants in Central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant and Bar.
Our Housekeeping team are key in providing the highest level of cleanliness for our hotel guests. You will be keen and hard-working, with an interest in hospitality.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our employees is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of the team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about hospitality
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Have high-level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude, with a keen willingness to learn
- Experience in a similar, luxury hotel is beneficial, although full training will be provided
Housekeeping Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the required standards of housekeeping in the hotel.
- Communicate effectively with Head Housekeeper and Deputy Head Housekeeper, ensuring the smooth and fast turnaround of rooms for re-sale in order to maximise revenue.
- Ensure all rooms are thoroughly checked before selling.
- Undertake any reasonable duties instructed by Head Housekeeper or Deputy Head Housekeeper.
We offer a 40-hours working week, with 2 days off, and a salary of £11.50 per hour, in return we offer:
Housekeeping Supervisor Benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% staff discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Opportunities over time to progress within the Company
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request