Junior Sous Chef, Quod
Quod is an independent, bustling, city centre restaurant, bar & terrace with over 250 seats. Located on Oxford’s famous High Street. Quod is open all day, every day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner. The menu consists of European classics with an emphasis on British produce. The busy restaurant, with a high level of repeat business is open every day of the year.
Quod is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of hotels and restaurants comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for someone to join the kitchen team run by Rohan Kashid, Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Support the Sous Chef and Head Chef with the induction and training of new kitchen team members
- Have effective time management skills
- Be passionate about cooking seasonal ingredients
- Have experience in similar restaurant, although full training will be provided
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running and overviewing all the sections in the kitchen
- Ensure consistency in delivering the Restaurant’s high standards
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to sales volume
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as it arrives and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hours working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.