Kitchen Porter, Gees
Gees, Situated in Oxford City Centre, is an independent, lively restaurant, bar, and terrace within a unique Victorian conservatory. Serving a Mediterranean inspired menu using the best ingredients, simply prepared and expertly cooked, Gees remains loyal to its traditions of providing quality food and service in the most beautiful restaurant in Oxford.
With an ambitious expansion and refurbishment project completed in Spring 2022, Gees doubled in capacity with the addition of ‘Gees Gallery’, an adjacent private dining space for up to 50 guests, and ‘Secret Garden’; a covered and heated private terrace for up to 60 diners.
The Oxford Collection is an independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join the kitchen team at Gees run by Matthew Smith, Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
- Enjoy being part of a team
Typical duties of this role are:
- Ensure all cooking utensils, crockery, and any equipment used in food preparation, is washed, and dried thoroughly and returned to its correct storage place in the kitchen. This is to be done efficiently in order to ensure the chefs have sufficient equipment and resources during service.
- To assist in receiving/unpacking/storing any deliveries when requested.
- Adhere to Health, Hygiene and Safety standards in the kitchen, as set out in the company Health and Safety policy using COSHH and HACCP precautions where necessary
Requirements for the position:
- Experience in similar restaurant is beneficial although full training will be provided
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 40-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a starting salary of £19,760 per annum, plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% staff discount within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Over time, opportunities to develop within our Company
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.