Night Supervisor, Old Bank
The independently owned Old Bank, centrally located on Oxford’s famous High, is a 5-star hotel with 43 luxury bedrooms, many with unrivalled views of the city’s most famous landmarks and skyline. The Old Bank is part of The Oxford Collection; an independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are currently looking for an individual who is a natural leader in hospitality, to join our small luxury hotel as a full time Night Supervisor. You will be professional, confident, and self-motivated, required to welcome guests and assist them with all their requests. You will need to have a comprehensive understanding of all hotel services and a sound knowledge of Oxford and its surrounding areas. You will work with other departments within the hotel to ensure our guests feel welcome throughout their stay.
Duties of the Night Supervisor
- Welcome guests with warmth and genuine hospitality
- Provide information to guests and assist with luggage
- Assist with requests; booking taxis, giving directions, room service
- Retain a comprehensive understanding of all hotel services and local information
- Maintaining all necessary aspects of security for the hotel during the night shift
Requirements of the Night Supervisor
- Provide friendly, professional customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working in a similar guest facing role
- Knowledge of the local area, good computer literacy
- Effective time management and organisational skills
You will be offered a salary of £26,007 per annum pro-rata. Shift patterns require working an average of 35 hours per week, based on a 2-week Rota of working a 10-hour night shift: 3 shifts on/4 shifts off followed by 4 shifts on/3 shifts off. Usual shift times are 10pm-8am. In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.