Pastry Chef de Partie, Parsonage Grill
Parsonage Grill, belonging to the five-star Old Parsonage Hotel, is famous for its intimate, bohemian, and clubby atmosphere. The philosophy focuses on using the best local produce available to create a menu of simple, sophisticated, and essentially British dishes.
Parsonage Grill is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of luxury hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel, and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join the kitchen team at Parsonage Grill.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about food
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
- Have experience working in a similar restaurant
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running the pastry section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as it arrives and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with 2 days off) with an OTE up to £13.57 per hour, £31,753 per year.
Based on 45 hours per week, including non-contractual tronc (service charge).
Pastry Chef de Partie benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Membership in our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Opportunities to develop within the Company
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.