Pastry Chef de Partie, Quod
Quod is an independent, bustling, city centre restaurant, bar & terrace with over 250 seats. Located on Oxford’s famous High Street, Quod is open all day, every day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner. The menu consists of European classics with an emphasis on British produce. The busy restaurant, with a high level of repeat business, is open every day of the year.
Quod is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of luxury hotels and restaurants in central Oxford comprising Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join the kitchen team run by Rohan Kashid, Head Chef, Quod, and Head of Menu Development, The Oxford Collection.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Have effective time management skills
- Be passionate about cooking seasonal ingredients
- Have experience working in a similar restaurant, although full training will be provided
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running the pastry section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as they arrive and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
We offer a sensible shift pattern across a 45-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with 2 days off) with an OTE up to £13.57 per hour, £31,753 per year.
Based on 45 hours per week, and including non-contractual tronc (service charge).
Pastry Chef de Partie benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Opportunities to develop within the Company
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.