Restaurant Manager, Gees
Situated in Oxford City Centre, Gees is an independent, lively restaurant, bar, and terrace within a unique Victorian conservatory. Serving a Mediterranean inspired menu using the best ingredients, simply prepared and expertly cooked, Gees remains loyal to its traditions of providing quality food and service in the most beautiful restaurant in Oxford.
With an ambitious expansion and refurbishment project set for completion in Spring 2022, Gees will more than double in capacity with the addition of ‘Gees Gallery’, an adjacent private dining space for up to 50 guests, and ‘Secret Garden’; a covered and heated private terrace for up to 60 diners.
Upon its reopening in May 2022, Gees will accommodate 200 guests in total across all its dining spaces.
The Oxford Collection is an independently owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, a small, privately owned group of hotels and restaurants comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our employees is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of the team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Key requirements for the role
- Passion for hospitality, excited by food, wine and restaurant culture, with high level attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
- The following attributes; the ability to inspire and motivate people, experience of dining in similar restaurants, a keen willingness to learn, high level written English, strong IT literacy.
- Previous management experience is beneficial although not essential as full training will be provided.
- This Restaurant Manager role is comparable with a Duty Restaurant Manager position.
We offer a flexible shift pattern, working 5 days out of 7 per week, on a Monday-Sunday rota. You will be offered a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus tronc (service charge). In return we offer:
Restaurant Manager Benefits
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Uniform Allowance
- Complimentary ‘Manager’s meal’ within one of our restaurants every six months
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.