Sales Consultant, Restaurant & Events
We are looking for a Sales Consultant for Restaurant & Events to join our The Oxford Collection; a small, privately owned group of two luxury 5* hotels and three restaurants that consists of The Old Bank Hotel, The Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, Gee’s Restaurant, and Quod. Having very recently undergone a complete refurbishment programme, we have 78 bedrooms across two iconic properties in Central Oxford, with unrivalled views across the city’s beautiful skyline.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
Sales Consultant – Restaurant & Events Responsibilities include:
- To take full responsibility and ownership of the day-to-day tasks set for the role.
- To be confident in having full product knowledge of The Oxford Collection in order to be able to sell the facilities confidently.
- To be responsible and take ownership for all restaurant, private dining, conference, event and wedding reservations for The Oxford Collection.
- To be confident in having knowledge of all systems for The Oxford Collection for Rooms, F&B, Events Sales and Revenue.
- To show teamwork and flexibility and liaise with the teams at The Oxford Collection as required for guest requests and daily correspondence checks.
- To take ownership, be passionate and confident and ensure all enquiries taken are responded to within 7 hours response time.
- To take ownership and process deposits for all private dining, wedding, conference and event reservations and to ensure that guests are fully aware of the Hotels cancellation policies.
- To ensure all bookings display correct tag, source and segmentation on booking date.
- To follow-up on and update all reservations (hotel and events) the day after booking.
- To be confident in having a thorough knowledge of all the Hotel’s computer systems so as to ensure that all records and booking details are correct at all times.
- To be passionate and confident in understanding the standards of performance set out in the Leading Quality Experience report for the group and to adhere to them at all times.
- To be intuitive and passionate in maximising function room revenue and average spends by selling and up-selling at all times.
- To have a full knowledge of all special offers and promotions and to be intuitive in offering them where appropriate.
- To handle all administration of contracted events etc. in the hotel and to act as the dedicated Event or Wedding Planner/Sales Manager.
- To provide Front and Back of House Hotel, Restaurant and Venue teams with timely, detailed and relevant guest information to enhance their experience.
- To proactively cross-sell The Oxford Collection hotels, venues and restaurants and to secure group business by offering alternative or fall-back options.
- To sell and handle restaurant, private dining, wedding, conference and event reservations, welcoming enquiries via phone, email or in person, conducting and taking ownership for showrounds when required and ensuring proactive follow-up.
- To be fully conversant in systems, practices and procedures concerning Reservations & Groups Sales as to deputise as and when required
Sales Consultant – Restaurant & Events Requirements:
- Self-motivated, driven, results orientated, proactive, positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Reservations and guest relations experience within the luxury hospitality sector would be beneficial
We offer a salary of £23,000 per annum, working 40 hours per week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off each week). In return we offer:
– 50% staff discount within our restaurants
– £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
– Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
– Pension scheme
– Over time, opportunities to develop within our Company
– Uniform provided
– 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
– Paid day off on your birthday
If you feel that you may be suitable for this role, then please send your CV to email@example.com.
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.