Chef de Partie, Parsonage Grill
Parsonage Grill, belonging to the five-star Old Parsonage Hotel, is famous for its intimate, bohemian and clubby atmosphere. The philosophy focuses on using the best local produce available to create a menu of simple, sophisticated, and essentially British dishes.
Parsonage Grill is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of hotels and restaurants in central Oxford, comprising of Gees Restaurant & Bar, Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, Old Bank Hotel, and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our kitchen team at Parsonage Grill.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about food
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running a section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as it arrives and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
Requirements for the Chef de Partie position:
- Work under intense pressure
- Passionate about cooking seasonal ingredients
- Experience in a similar restaurant is beneficial, although full training will be provided
We offer a sensible shift pattern across a 45-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with 2 days off) with an OTE up to £12.88 per hour, £30,139 per year.
Based on 45 hours per week, and including non-contractual tronc (service charge).
In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities to develop within our Company
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.