Breakfast Chef, Quod
Quod is an independent, bustling, city centre restaurant, bar & terrace with over 250 seats. Located on Oxford’s famous High Street. Quod is open all day, every day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner. The menu consists of European classics with an emphasis on British produce. The busy restaurant, with a high level of repeat business, is open every day of the year.
Quod is part of ‘The Oxford Collection’; a small, privately owned group of hotels and restaurants comprising Gees Restaurant & Bar, the Old Parsonage Hotel, Parsonage Grill, the Old Bank Hotel and Quod Restaurant & Bar.
We offer support, training, and development opportunities to help your career flourish. We believe that investment in each and every one of our ‘collectives’ is key to the success of our business and the happiness of our customers. As a member of our team, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who shares these values.
We are looking for someone to join the kitchen team run by Rohan Kashid, Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive on giving guests a memorable experience
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about food
- Able to work under pressure
- Have effective time management skills
Typical duties of this role are:
- Confidence in running a section during service
- Following recipe and presentation specifications
- Maintain prep levels appropriate to service
- Ensure all deliveries are put away as soon as it arrives and stock is rotated using the First In First Out method checking “Use by Dates”
- Attend and participate in all team meetings
Requirements for the Breakfast Chef position:
- Work under intense pressure
- Passionate about cooking seasonal ingredients
- Experience in similar restaurants is beneficial although full training will be provided
We offer a sensible shift pattern across a 45-hour week (Monday to Sunday rota with 2 days off) with an OTE up to £12.88 per hour, £30,139 per year.
Based on 45 hours per week, including non-contractual tronc (service charge).
In return we offer:
- Meals on duty
- 50% staff discount within our restaurants
- £500 recruitment incentive (until further notice)
- Membership in our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Over time, opportunities to develop within our Company
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
Eligibility to work within the UK must be proven and two references should be available on request.